Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Nikos Gabriel Pentzikis: Life & Art


I cannot believe in any happiness other than the acceptance of the world which we see, complete acceptance, which makes you secure, allows you to forget yourself; you do not doubt its truth. The embraces and kisses which I exchange in such moments with my wife have a sincerity that touches my inmost depths. I trust in her existence, her little body dressed tightly in her clumsily sewn everyday coat; it is the most tender thing I can touch. I love it, I feel it is my own, and experience the same yearning as when I see birds flying with their sword like wings and I want to catch them and caress their feathers. . . .
+ + +
We are poor in results when we are counted separately. Man is mankind, not each one separately. Don't be afraid to be taken for weak and be pushed aside. Don't fear tribulations. Preserve constant inside yourself the common characteristic of man, pain, until you are transformed...

No comments:

Post a Comment